West County veterinary care!
Dr. L.N. Atkinson established County Animal Hospital in 1948. His goal was to provide quality care and medicine with the full range of veterinary services. The practice grew quickly and continued to grow, while never losing sight of its founder’s dedication to excellence and innovation in veterinary care.
In 1955, the hospital became a member of the American Animal Hospital, an organization in which all members have met the high AAHA standards for comprehensive professional services. It was one of the first hospitals in the St. Louis area to become a member. Dr. Atkinson’s son, Dr. Gary Atkinson, took over the hospital from his father in 1982 and then moved County Animal Hospital to its current location in 1987.
In 2009, Drs. Michael and Jennifer Vitucci purchased the hospital. Their vision is to continue the legacy of County Animal Hospital’s amazing medical care and service with the latest technology, treatments, and surgical procedures.
Our mission is to provide superior level of service and education to our clients, and provide the highest quality veterinary care to our clients in a compassionate, humane, and caring way.
Our staff of four full-time veterinarians is fully competent in all areas of veterinary medicine; and in addition, each has particular areas of interest.